Thursday, June 13, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday #5


 

This is our fifth Waiting on Wednsday hosted by a blog called Breaking the Spine at www.breakingthespine.blogspot.com

The book I am waiting for this week is:

Ink (Paper Gods, #1)

I looked down at the paper, still touching the tip of my shoe. I reached for it, flipping the page over to look.

Scrawls of ink outlined a drawing of a girl lying on a bench.

A sick feeling started to twist in my stomach, like motion sickness.

And then the girl in the drawing turned her head, and her inky eyes glared straight into mine.


On the heels of a family tragedy, the last thing Katie Greene wants to do is move halfway across the world. Stuck with her aunt in Shizuoka, Japan, Katie feels lost. Alone. She doesn’t know the language, she can barely hold a pair of chopsticks, and she can’t seem to get the hang of taking her shoes off whenever she enters a building.

Then there’s gorgeous but aloof Tomohiro, star of the school’s kendo team. How did he really get the scar on his arm? Katie isn’t prepared for the answer. But when she sees the things he draws start moving, there’s no denying the truth: Tomo has a connection to the ancient gods of Japan, and being near Katie is causing his abilities to spiral out of control. If the wrong people notice, they'll both be targets.

Katie never wanted to move to Japan—now she may not make it out of the country alive.

1 comment:

  1. Great pick! I've read many mixed reviews of this book, but I still think I'm going to read it:)

    My WoW:
    http://evelinesbooks.blogspot.nl/2013/06/waiting-on-wednesday-3.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...