Monday, June 10, 2013

The Goddess Hunt

The Goddess Hunt (Goddess Test, #1.5)Title: The Goddess Hunt
Author: Aimee Carter
Number of Pages: 92
Genres: Mythology, Romance
Books like it: The Goddess Test, Of Poseidon

My favorite quote:  "Doing the right thing is never nothing."

Brief Synopsis from Goodreads:

A vacation in Greece sounds like the perfect way for Kate Winters to spend her first sabbatical away from the Underworld...until she gets caught up in an immortal feud going back millennia. Castor and Pollux have been on the run from Zeus and Hades' wrath for centuries, hiding from the gods who hunt them. The last person they trust is Kate, the new Queen of the Underworld. Nevertheless, she is determined to help their cause. But when it comes to dealing with immortals, Kate still has a lot to learn....

Trailer: None

My Summary:

This is not going to be the longest summary since the book was an ebook and was only 96 pages. I got it for a dollar, and was reading it for my Summer Reading List when I realized that I had put the Goddess Legacy on the list. So I changed it, okay? Um, so anyway, this book is a book that goes in the middle of Goddess Test and Goddess Interrupted. It is about Kate's summer with James, and how all is going well until they stumble into two traitors to the gods who have been on the run for thousands of years. Pollux helped his brother escape from the fate of living in the Underworld forever, and he will do anything to protect them. Kate is determined not to let the sentence happen again, but, there is little she can do, and she might find out that Henry is not the man she thought he was. And maybe the council isn't as good as they say they are.

It's been a while. I see you still haven't found a shirt.

Pros: This book was really great. I know that I am way to positive about these things, but Castor and Pollux are really interesting characters and I was not expecting that to happen. Seriously. I read the synopsis for Goddess Legacy and then bought the Goddess Hunt, so you can see why I was thinking that the synopsis was misleading.

Cons: Why didn't they mention this in Goddess Interrupted? I mean, it meant a lot to Kate and the story closed off with her thinking about a lot of things to ask him. Also, when this book closes, she has a completely different opinion about the council, and Walter doesn't really like her that much any more. So why is this not mentioned at all in Goddess Interrupted? It should have been. It is just too much of the things that Kate learns about Henry to leave out of the storyline. Oh well.

Cautions for Parents: This book does swear. I think it used mostly every word except b and f. So if you don't want that for your kids they should not read this book. I just mentally replace each word in my head, personally.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...