Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Question of the Week

I have only done this a few times, but on Tuesdays I will answer a question that someone has asked me, whether it is about me, books, or my obsession with Doctor Who :) You can send me an email at enchantedbyabook@outlook.com or just comment on any post and ask me a question. All questions are anonymous unless you want credit for the question, and if that is the case, just make sure to tell me. I enjoy hearing from my followers and am happy to help.

The question for this week is:

Why do you never swear on your blog? Other blogs swear occasionally but I've noticed you are careful to keep your language clean. Why? Why does that matter? Thanks.

Answer: You are not the only person who has ever asked me this. In real life, I have probably only sworn a few times. If you choose to use crude language, that's fine, but please don't do it on my blog.  I don't believe in using crude language. It feels dirty in my mouth and lowers my self respect and other people's opinion of me. It is a lot easier to swear online for some people, I know, because they don't think it is as bad if they aren't saying it, just typing it. But when I write something online, I make sure it is not something that I wouldn't say in real life. My standards are just.... not swearing. I think sometimes people swear for attention only, and I never can understand why you can't say what you want to say without bringing language into the picture.

Some of you may also notice that if a quote from a book that I post in my review has a swear word, I replace it with 'heck' or 'darn'. Because even though I didn't say it, I still had to type it and that makes me feel terrible, like I am lowering my standards. One thing you can count on my blog being is a language free zone. Now I am not saying I hate you and you are a terrible person if you swear, I am just saying why I choose not to swear. If you want to use language, fine, but don't put it on here :)

I hope that answered your question. Thanks!

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...